Manager, Process Engineering/Development
The Manager, Process Engineering/Development is a critical position encompassing a number of key activities in support of a Data Production environment. These areas include evaluation of new technologies in molecular biology, histology, microscopy, imaging, testing and standardizing protocols for release to Data Production.
Essential duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Work with a team of interacting department managers to establish a robust in situ hybridization data production process.
- Evaluate new technologies in molecular biology, histology, microscopy, and imaging.
- Testing and standardizing protocols for release to Data Production.
- Establish document control processes.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts.
- Establish quality control parameters.
- Maintain quality assurance of Data Production.
- Supervise, coach and mentor technical support staff in these and other endeavors.
- Define staff roles and responsibilities, communicate performance standards, monitors quality of work product, and provide feedback to team members through individual and team status meetings.
- Communicate effectively with others in the organization and with contacts outside the company.
- Other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience with process engineering and development in a data production environment.
- Experience establishing document control processes.
- Technical knowledge in the areas of molecular biology, histology, microscopy, imaging.
- Experience troubleshooting and managing quality control parameters.
- Staff mentoring and management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required computer skills
- Other, please specify (e.g., Access, Visio, Publisher):Visio.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) plus three years’ work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) or seven plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Research associate staff will report to this position.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.
For more information and to apply please go to www.brainatlas.org or www.vulcan.com
Vulcan/Allen Brain Atlas is an Equal Opportunity Employer